Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Perspective...

A perspective is a view or a vista that one sees
But it seems we can’t see the forest for the trees

You see things your way, I see them mine
It’s been this way from the beginning of time

You see things one way, I see them another
But in our differences must we smother each other?

My perspective says go slow; yours says we must go fast
I guess I don’t care if I get there last

I say we must confront, you say give it more time
You are bent to be a little more kind

Even quoting the bible can make things clear as mud
As different denominations create their own buzz

One says sex by themselves for satisfaction does suffice
Another will say it’s the devil’s device

Some say that divorce means you can’t go to heaven
Is this the truth or just the devil’s leaven?

I’ve heard it’s better to be righteous than right
This may mean walking away from a fight

Now, I don’t mind fighting if the purpose is true
I just don’t think the fight is always with you

“The man in the mirror” as the song goes
Is usually the one that deserves the most blows

I fight my flesh that wants always to be heard
So I can shut my mouth and listen to your words

We must go to our heart and it’s intent to make choices
Because the world is full of confusing voices

To trust that my right and left will be guided
By a view that is not always right or left sided

That the colors I choose will be for beauty
Not out of a sense of self-serving duty

So you go your way, I’ll go mine
I pray we end up at the same place at the same time

And on the road to getting there we’ll cherish those met
Living our lives without judgment or regret

Sue Barnard 10/07

No comments:

Post a Comment